Last month I created a plugin that easily migrates from Display Widgets to Widget Options. This time I made the Switcher Plugin to migrate from Widget Logic to Widget Options. This means you can now easily move your saved preferences. Just like Widget Options, you can download also for free. I'm sure many are hesitant to make the switch because it may take time, but not anymore. Watch the video below and discover how easy it is to switch to Widget Options.
How to Migrate from Widget Logic to Widget Options — including all your saved options
If you prefer step-by-step guide instead of the video above, follow the instructions below. I do highly recommended that you create a backup of your site too, just in case you run into conflicts or issue; though, I'll be very happy to help you out if you find any.
- Download the Widget Options Switcher tool on github : https://github.com/phpbits/widget-options-switcher
- Upload and activate the plugin.
- Go to Tools > Widget Options Switcher and read the instructions carefully.
- Click Process Migration button.
- If you haven't done it yet, download and install Widget Options Plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets then check if the Widget Logic preferences was migrated perfectly.
- Go to Plugins dashboard and deactivate Widget Logic & Widget Options Switcher.
It's that easy! With the Switcher Plugin, you can almost instantly move from Widget Logic to Widget Options.
You can now fully manage your WordPress widgets with Widget Options. Should you encounter any issues during the process, please feel free to comment them below. Likewise, we would like to hear what you love about the Switcher Plugin.
A lot are already moving to Widget Options, and it's mostly because we constantly make improvements to this plugin. If you have not made the switch yet, now is the time. I hope you love all its additional plugin features. To view them, go to Settings > Widget Options.